Sunday 20th October is our second RideIn2BMX (Come and Try) Day for 2019. There will be food and demo bikes available.
The day is open to boys and girls, women and men of all ages. BMX racers can start as mini-wheelers at 2 years old whilst Open race meets offer classes for riders who are 50+, so there is no excuse not get on a BMX and ride.
A special offer to female riders of all ages
We are the proud recipients of a grant from the Yarra Ranges Council as part of their Grants for Community program. The grant is aimed at growing the number of female riders in BMX racing, and we believe that the best way to do that is to help new riders build their skills and confidence, so we’re using the grant to offer
- To reimburse the cost of a 4 month Open license after completion of,
- A 6 session group coaching program with our licensed coaches. This is a fantastic way to develop the skills and the confidence to become a great BMX racer and will start you on your journey
Because this program is funding by both Yarra Ranges Council and the Lilydale BMX Club, places will be limited. We’re really keen to offer this program to female riders who show interest and enthusiasm in the sport. We look forward to meeting you and talking further about this great opportunity.
To find out more about the Female Participation Program click here.
If you organize, or represent, a community group or similar organisation that works with girls and women of any age, please consider our event as an opportunity to participate as a group. Bookings and expressions of interest are via the form below
On the day,
- Bring your own bike and helmet, or borrow a club bike,
- We’re especially hoping that girls and women will attend and take advantage of our additional coaching and license deal courtesy of Yarra Ranges’ Grants for Community program.
- We’ll brief you on the safety aspects; introduce you to the coaches and get you out and learning about the sport of BMX racing
- Sign up on the day for your BMX license and join our club