Coming to Lilydale BMX club in early May is a great opportunity for prospective riders to experience BMX racing in a safe, structure environment under the guidance of experienced coaches. Saturday 4th May is our first RideIn2BMX (Come and Try) Day for 2019. There will be food and demo bikes and our club sponsor Yarra Valley Cycles will have a pro shop at the track.
The day is open to boys and girls, women and men of all ages. BMX racers can start as mini-wheelers at 2 years old whilst Open race meets offer classes for riders who are 50+, so there is no excuse not get on a BMX and ride.
A special offer to female riders of all ages
We are the proud recipients of a grant from the Yarra Ranges Council as part of their Grants for Community program. The grant is aimed at growing the number of female riders in BMX racing, and we believe that the best way to do that is to help new riders build their skills and confidence, so we’re using the grant to offer
- To reimburse the cost of a 4 month Open license after completion of,
- A 6 session group coaching program with our licensed coaches. This is a fantastic way to develop the skills and the confidence to become a great BMX racer and will start you on your journey
Because this program is funding by both Yarra Ranges Council and the Lilydale BMX Club, places will be limited. We’re really keen to offer this program to female riders who show interest and enthusiasm in the sport. We look forward to meeting you and talking further about this great opportunity.
To find out more about the Female Participation Program click here.
If you organize, or represent, a community group or similar organisation that works with girls and women of any age, please consider our event as an opportunity to participate as a group. Bookings and expressions of interest are via the form below
What’s involved on the day
Bookings are essential for both groups and individuals since we’re running structured sessions. See the contact form below to register you, your children or a community group, or school.
The sessions are approximately 1 hour long and will start at 9, 10, 11 AM and 1 PM. If interest is strong, then we may run later into the afternoon.
On the day,
- Bring your own bike and helmet, or use the demo bikes from Yarra Valley Cycles, or borrow a club bike,
- Register in advance. We’re looking for both individuals and group bookings.
- We’re especially hoping that girls and women will attend and take advantage of our additional coaching and license deal courtesy of Yarra Ranges’ Grants for Community program.
- We’ll brief you on the safety aspects; introduce you to the coaches and get you out and learning about the sport of BMX racing
- Enjoy the BBQ and canteen food
- Meet the team from our club sponsors, Yarra Valley Cycles, and see their range of new bikes, helmets and apparel
- Sign up on the day for your BMX license and join our club